i have a fair amount of experience with wild-yeasted meads, having started 30-some batches in the past 4 years. i haven’t really had any issues with anything going bad or off-flavors, or the other things that ‘conventional’ homebrewers warn about. this may be my first such issue.so i’ve got a 5-gallon batch of mead that i started january 2014 that was pretty much normal until after a late-stage racking (racked two of the gallons of the should-have-been-done-by-then mead onto oak cubes, and the other 3 gallons into a 3-gallon carboy to continue clearing). after that last racking, all three of the containers it was split into started growing that classic fine thin mold layer over the surface of the mead, with occasional big bubbles of escaping air/CO2 that get trapped by the mold layer.we tasted it at the rack and it was basically dry, and should be at least 12% alcohol – i’ve never heard of a mold that could stand that, let alone just start to get established in those conditions.being all into wild brewing, i’ve never gotten into all the sterilization/sulfiting/whathaveyou that may be the only appropriate next step. any ideas about any of this? i do have some campden tablets that i’ve only ever used on corks pre-corking…i figure that i should probably kill the mold before moving on towards bottling, assuming the taste hasn’t been irrevocably damaged.