Cleveland Beer Week is over, but the memories are left of new beers tasted, new places visited, and good times had by all. A few memories of mine (in no particular order):
- The new Market District Giant Eagle in Solon. Fantastic selection of beer, not to mention the food, fresh produce, bulk foods, etc. Great place. Tasted some excellent beers from Southern Tier paired with some fine cheeses, nuts, and pastries. I will return!
- Bottlehouse Brewing Co. Not on the program for Cleveland Beer Week, but near another event so stopped in to check it out. Great little neighborhood bar. Family friendly early in the evening. Good solid beers and even a mead on tap. Very interesting menu. Chicken and waffles, pizza waffles, corned beef waffle, falafel waffle, naked fries, bottlehouse burgers, etc. I will return!
- Rare tasting of Anderson Valley Nettied Madge Black IPA at Winking Lizard. Wonderful dark ale with a pronounced hop aroma of pine and spruce, with subdued notes of fresh cut wood and special herbs.
- Night of the Funk at Lizardville. Love those sour beers and Lizardville delivers!
- Mead tasting at Beer Engine. Beer Engine has a perfect venue for something like this. Meads from Ohio to South Africa were available for tasting. Loved the Cherry Blossom by Humble Bee of Lakewood, and Zombie Killer by B Nektar (Michigan).
- Whole Foods Markets also have a nice selection of beer and always a few on draft. Liked the Osteria: create your own pasta dish (they cook it to order) and enjoy a draft beer (or bottle of wine) with your meal.
- Fat Head’s new Tap House is open! Great place to taste some of the areas best beers along with a limited menu of appetizers, pizza, and sandwiches, all within view of the brewing operations.
- Brewzila: a Monster of a Beer Tasting. It may be the best beer fest ever. Don’t miss this one next year. Great food from Giant Eagle, and hundreds of beers to taste. A great showing of Ohio breweries, too. Also a good venue to find out what’s new to Ohio from other parts of the world and/or country.