What’s in Your Beer? Fish Bladder and Antifreeze Ingredient?

That fish swim bladder thing can also be found in a lot of wines too, not just beer. Otherwise a lot of them would appear grainy in both appearance and texture.If you have a problem with that, I live a vegetarian lifestyle because even if I tried to eat meat it makes me feel sick. My brother (and others) always put on ‘Ignorance is bliss, pretend it’s not what it is and eat it anyway’ but I just can’t, it makes me feel unwell in many ways. I’m bringing this up because in a lot of chocolates they contain whey powder, not all of it is bad as whey can be extracted straight from cows milk which I have no problems with, the problem otherwise however is that some companies extract whey by using rennet which is an enzyme used from calf stomachs; the ones sent off to be veal. So I avoid such chocolates.If you have a problem with a fish organ in your beer, do you have a problem with what I just told you? Probably not. So the fish bladder could be ignored here.As far as anti-freeze goes “The acute oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans; propylene glycol is metabolized in the human body into pyruvic acid (a normal part of the glucose-metabolism process, readily converted to energy), acetic acid (handled by ethanol-metabolism), lactic acid (a normal acid generally abundant during digestion)”Just because it is an ingredient of antifreeze doesn’t mean it’s awful, yes in large quantities this particular chemical could bring harm, but because they only use a tiny amount your body can handle it, and it is an organic chemical, not man made.It’s like all the people that go ‘Oh no E numbers in my food! It’s bad coz chemicals!’ freaking apples have chemicals in them, the majority of E numbers are only natural extracted chemicals from things like fruit and plants.So about your beer thing, basically if you don’t like things found naturally put in your beer, don’t drink it. We all know it’s classified as a drug anyway do to the fact it causes inebriation, so if it mildly poisons you at the same time I feel that’s your own problem/risk for drinking it. Which is why I don’t drink alcohol anyway *rant over, sorry…**potato**

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *